Sunday, December 24, 2017

Chistmas 2017

Just me and my corrina on this Christmas Eve. Its truly a silent night. My poor girl even fell asleep. Shes been battling a fever since early morning. We've been a couple of couch potatoes and are now on our 8th movie. I wonder what my family is doing. They are most likely playing a few games, sipping on some fine wine, and opening a few gifts. Laughing, smiling, maby even getting tipsy. 

2 Years ago we celebrated Christmas at my aunt valeries just days after the death of my father. I got so drunk that night. I swore i would never get that drunk ever again in my life. I wished and hoped for my dad and even thought of near death of myself out of pure selfishness. I was drunk and in and out of sleep. I was sick in the head and missed my dad. My mother and uncle took care of me. My mom was pissed at me for getting so drunk. I promised i would never get like that again. And i never have. I pace myself. I dont ever go over board like that one night. 

 I poured myself a glass of Rossi this past friday after work. And cheered to the weekend. Im so ever greatful for this 3 day weekend. I needed it. The commute to work has been getting to me. And the work overload on my plate has been getting to me also. Anyways, cheers to the weekend. Saturday i caught up on sleep and watched movies with corrina. My friend stopped by and spent a few hours with me. Sipped on wine and chatted some. I gave him his christmas present. He had that smile on his face that gets me every time. 

Today, i got up and started baking oatmeal cookies and made rice krispy treats for moms. Im sure everyone enjoyed them tonight. Mom sent me a picture of the kids eating one before dinner hahaa. Im near half threw my bottle of Rossi so yummy. Pacing myself. Corrina and i ordered mountain mikes for dinner. Corrina ate just a little bit for she is still not feeling well. She passed on the chicken broth i made her and took a slice of pizza. I dont blame her. 

I'm really missing him and my family tonight. I wish we can all be under the same roof right about now. I wonder what they are all doing at this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment