Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Great minds think alike

Here i am sitting. Reflecting. Its funny how one decision made, has ultimatley layed the ground work and landed me right where i am now. I think back and ask myself why didn't i move to Fresno with my pops? Why didnt i just go?? I had 4 goals of interest. One, to become a Cosmetologist, a Lawyer,  a Psychologist or a Nutritionist. I then made the decision to become a hairdresser because it was the fastest way to get a job. Get on my own.  So much ran threw my mind at 17. And i really didn't have much time cause my parents decided to divorce sell the house and move into different towns. Go seperate ways. I fill like i had no choice but to hustle. I battled with the thoughts of all the schooling requiring so much time and energy. Now i wish that if i could go back i would take that leap and would have moved forward to become a psychologist and take that time out..... OHHHH Fucking well!..... It seems like since then my whole life has been somewhat of a struggle due to making that one decision.  Deep down i know i would of been a damn good psychologist if i would of pushed myself.

There was someone who i looked up to back then that has left a mark on me..Mr. Mark Harmon. He was my Professor of Psychology at Reedley College. Ill never forget him.  AND YES i had a major crush on this man. He was smart. Handsome. And would take his time out to discuss anything and everything with you. We had a party once and he was invited. Heck ya thoughts of Mr. Mark Harmon coming over to chill out with us.. Sooo.... He came.  And ate dinner. And drank with us. It was awesome. I was just a girl who sat in his class and wanted to pick at his brain and thought this was the coolest thing ever to spend time with this man. All of us hung out on the back patio of a friends house. Our topic of conversation????? Sexuality. Homosexuality, and the meaning of being a gay or lesbian. What being a lipstick lesbian ment.  This man wasn't married.  And i sense he went both ways. It didn't even matter. This man captured thoughts inside me i never had in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment